Rural Minds is designed by and for people living and working in rural and remote Australia.
Rural Minds workshops address mental health topics in a safe and relaxed way. Participants will have an opportunity to chat about their experiences and learn more about different aspects of mental health and wellbeing.
They provide helpful, practical information that can help participants, their family, friends and community. Workshops focus on proactive, preventative practices to maintain and improve mental health and wellbeing.
Participants receive a Rural Minds training workbook, passport to mental health and certificate of participation.
- Increase participants awareness of mental health issues
- Improve participants understanding of mental health issues
- Make the connection between mental health and personal safety
- Give participants the confidence and some strategies to help preserve their own mental health and that of their families and friends
- Direct participants to some pathways to help – for themselves, their families and friends.
- Introduction to Mental Health
- The Mental Health Continuum
- Risk Factors
- How to have a tough conversation
- Acute stress reaction and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Treatment on mental illnesses
- Destructive Thinking
- Grief and Loss
- Alcohol and Mental Health
- Drugs and Mental Health
- Financial Stress
- Practical self-help strategies
- Mental health support